Thursday, October 29, 2009

Gathering


I'm going to start gathering things. Random things, things that have no relevance, things that hold a memory, things to build with, pull apart and put back together again. With these things I will begin to play, like a child would, trying to step away from all the intellectual research about why,where and when we play. Basically I'm trying not to over analyze the situation. I would attempt to truly play. It's easier said than done, because I keep telling myself I need a reason why. As of now I have decided that the process and its result will be analyzed in the future, but I would leave that for after I play.

I want to play with materials I have not used before, try techniques I have not tried before. This would help me step away from the conscious efforts for tastefulness and respectability that I aim towards in my other art work where I am comfortable and familiar with my media and technique.

I also scanned all my sketches I have produced over the past few days. I may not yet know their significance to the larger picture of what my thesis may be, but I do know that my obsession with drawing these dragon and devil scenes will be useful to the process and development of my thesis. I will post some images I created with the scans.



I Often sing this song by the Calypsonian Penguin, everytime I draw devils and dragon scene:



You ‘fraid de devil? You ‘fraid him bad?

Well look de devil right in your yard!

An’ he grinning while you saying grace

Shaking up he tail in people face

Wey de devil dey? Wey de devil dey?

Look de devil dey!

No comments:

Post a Comment